Pages

Friday, June 14, 2013

U.S. Open

The past two day have been quite an interesting start to the 113th U.S. Open. This year the tournament is being held at Merion Golf Club in Ardmore, PA.
Not only does this course have great history, but history is being written as I type this post as the golfers battle the incredibly difficult conditions on this golf course. This is personally one of the most difficult courses I've seen these professional golfers play in a while. The first round of the tournament was met with a four hour rain delay and the difficulties don't stop there. Challenges from no short cut in the ruff, to complex greens, narrow fairways, and blind shots to the pins have all made for troublesome rounds the past few days.  To prove just how tricky this golf course is, here's a video of some crazy shots that a few players took during Thursday's round.
As the second day of the U.S. Open continues into tomorrow morning, due to sunlight players had to end mid-round, only one golfer sits on the leader board currently under par. Needless to say, it hasn't been an easy few days, and the next two will continue to challenge. I'm excited to see what transpires over the next two days and who pulls away with the win.
Now some of you might be asking yourselves why I am writing about golf on my blog. Well, for one, I played golf in high school and I truly love the game, and second, as I am working at a golf course this summer, golf is pretty much my life at the moment and I wanted to share some of my thoughts with you all. So hopefully this post has at least got you the slightest bit interested in U.S. Open play this weekend, and maybe, just maybe, you will turn on the television and catch a bit of the action.

No comments:

Post a Comment