Pages

Monday, March 4, 2013

How Bobbi Brown Did It


I recently came across an article about Bobbi Brown, founder and CEO of Bobbi Brown Cosmetics, and I fell in love with her story as an aspiring make-up artist. I have always loved the simplicity of Bobbi Brown's make-up and to this day use the Punch lip tint until I've squeezed out every last drop of the gloss. She is a graduate of Emerson College (yay Boston!) with a degree in theatrical make-up and got her start in New York City as a make-up artist for models on runways and fashion shoots. What I love most about Brown's interview with Inc was when she said, "One of the best things I had going for me was that I was so naive. I never even thought of not being able to do it." Brown's story is truly amazing and she certainly made all the right connections, said all the right things and took risk when needed to get her idea off the ground. It's stories like this one that really encourage me to pursue my dreams and to believe in myself and my ideas. Even though I'm not an aspiring make-up artist (although I do love my make-up) I can still take Brown's words to heart as an aspiring journalist and give myself that extra push to find success.

No comments:

Post a Comment