Pages

Monday, September 23, 2013

Netflix and Favorite TV Shows

Ever since I got a Netflix account I have been going crazy with all of the possible television series that I  can watch. Recently I've begun watching West Wing and Call the Midwife, a BBC period drama. 
I knew that West Wing would be the first season I dove into watching on Netflix since I am living and reporting from Washington D.C. for the next few months. From what I've heard the show is quite realistic at parts. As for the series Call the Midwife, I love BBC and the show is based on memoirs of Jennifer Worth, set in east London in the 1950s. The series has been broadcast on PBS in the states and has received rave reviews. If you haven't seen either of these series yet I highly recommend you get on Netflix right now and watch. Before I wrap up this short post, I also want to mention the now Emmy-award winning Netflix series, House of Cards. I watched the whole first season in just a few days and as another set in Washington series, I absolutely fell in love with this show and of course, Kevin Spacey. I've been avoiding signing up for Netflix for quite a while now, but I can honestly say it has been a great decision and what better way to wind down from a day on the Hill than with a bit of Martin Sheen or Kevin Spacey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment