Pages

Sunday, September 1, 2013

City of Magnificent Distances

I love discovering new places and Washington D.C. is one city that I certainly cannot get enough of. Having lived in Boston for school for the past two years I was excited to take on a new adventure and study "abroad' in D.C. for the semester. While I know I have a full four months to explore this city, I also know that time will fly by faster than I would like it to. It has already been one week since I have arrived and I feel like I haven't sat down until now. 
From touring the Capitol to kayaking and paddle boating on the Potomac River to eating at Ben's Chili Bowl and Busboys and Poets, I've certainly got my feet wet in getting to know my new home. 
This past week was also made pretty amazing by the amount of history that was celebrated with the 50th anniversary of Martin Luther King's 'I Have a Dream' Speech. On top of that, politics has picked up here in the past few days with President Obama's address on Syria. 
The next few weeks will certainly make for exciting news, which us journalists love, and I am thrilled to be able to put down roots for a few months in the nations Capitol.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment