Pages

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Passion

Tonight I watch the ESPN2 SEC Storied Documentary, Abby Head On. The film premiered last month, but I was lucky enough to catch it in full tonight, as it chronicles the incredible career of soccer star Abby Wambach. Having only first acknowledged her skill and drive for the sport following the past Olympics where the US team took the gold medal, I was thrilled to get the chance to "follow" the budding soccer star in this documentary.
The passion that Wambach puts into soccer excites me and makes me want to be more motivated and passionate about everything that I do. From this documentary anyone can see that Wambach is a risk taker, from her first steps onto the field, to choosing to play college ball at University of Florida over University of North Carolina. Not only did she help the Gators to their first and only national title in her freshman year, but she eventually realized her full potential as she turned pro and went on to make lasting relationships with her teammates and represent the United States at the World Cup and Olympics. While Wambach has certainly experienced her fair share of upsets, heartaches and failures from time to time, what I love most about athletes, athletics and watching documentaries like these is getting to see people realize their full potential and come back from unthinkable circumstances. Watching sports thrills me and watching athletes in their prime will always be one of my favorite things to do, they inspire me and make me want to strive for the best and encourage me to go for my dreams.
Thank you Abby Wambach for making my night. Also in the spirt of the Fourth of July, aren't these pictures fantastic... I don't know about you, but I'm certainly putting the 2015 Women's World Cup on my calendar.

No comments:

Post a Comment