Pages

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Solo Piano

I came across this Solo Piano video, an op doc from the NY Times, about a month or so ago and I've been meaning to post it here for a while. With everything that has happened over the past week here in Boston this video shows how a simple instrument like a piano can bring people together and make people so happy and the video is a nice reminder of the good that can be found in our world. The video is made up of still photographs that tell the story of a lone piano as it stands curbside in New York City. The ending is a bit sad, but I continue to watch it over and over again and find that I focus on something new each time I watch it through. The people in the video that interact with the piano see it as something more than a piano it is a light in each person's day and almost a symbol of hope. The explanation of the making of the video can be read here. I hope you enjoy it and find the good and hope in the video despite the sad ending, its worth the five minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment