Pages

Monday, December 16, 2013

Goodbye Capitol City

This post has been a long time coming, well at least four months...
Yes I have been in Washington D.C. for four months now, and yes you've guessed right again, this is my last week before I have to pack up all my bags and return home before my next adventure.
Honestly this semester has been one of the best I've had. Although I miss my friends and the school I have called home for the past two years, this semester was worth every high and low that came along with being a student and journalist in one fine city for a semester. The people I've met and the experiences I have had will last a lifetime and I know that this is just the beginning of something great. It is hard for me to believe it is already time to say goodbye. I guess time does fly when you are having fun. I've grown as a student, a friend and most importantly as a journalist the past few months and while I'm excited for what is to come I'm going to miss it. Almost four years ago I considered attending college in Washington D.C. but decided to go to Boston instead. Who would have ever thought I'd actually end up here, not wanting the time to end? The last few days will certainly be jam packed from reporting to saying goodbyes, but every minute will be time well spent. I won't be able to say it enough, but I love D.C. and I've loved pretty much every second I've been here.
Here's to 2014 and the many more adventures on the books, until next time Capitol City.

No comments:

Post a Comment