Pages

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Thankful



So I’ve been working on a few posts for the blog, but I decided to hold off on posting them for a few days and write about an experience that really has changed my outlook on life.
This past Thursday was a normal day for me, that is, until I went on a run and passed out….
Naturally there is more to the story, so here it is…  
I came to after a few seconds or so and found myself being helped off the sidewalk by some pedestrians. After realizing that I was going to be okay I instantly became so grateful for the kind people that stopped their days to help me- one man even got out of his car and left it running in the middle of the road. I was alone and scared, but these people really comforted me and cared for me until an ambulance arrived.
Being a college student you are kind of stuck between being a child and being an adult and honestly it was so comforting to have these people helping me out.
I had never met any of them before, I didn’t know their names, and until they asked, they didn’t know mine, but I am so thankful for their kindness, and as I was talking to one of my friends about what happened we both agreed that my faith in humanity was restored a bit after this.
It may seem weird that a small thing like this and these people helping me can really change a person, but I feel like, more so now than ever before, that I owe it to these people and to myself to pay it forward and help someone else in need.
Sometimes we get so wrapped up in living our lives, and I know recently I’ve been so busy that I have neglected things or just simply taken my life for granted.
But sitting on that sidewalk with those people knowing deep down that I was going to be okay has sparked something inside of me.
I have been reminded to live each day to the fullest and really appreciate everything I have, the people that surround me, and the things I am able to do living in this country. As I was being taken away in the ambulance I was overcome with emotion of just how grateful I am to live somewhere where there is modern medicine and people that care for others.
Needless to say, I have been changed for the better because of this. I might have scrapes and bruises on my body from my fall, but I have a greater appreciation for this world that I live in and the people and things that I have. 

Thanks for letting me share this with you all and I’ll be back soon with more posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment