Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Cafe 472

This past Saturday a few friends and I were in the mood to get off campus and try a new restaurant.  After some searching and finding a @BostonTweet post, we decided to give Cafe 472 in Kenmore Square a try.
Only knowing that Cafe 472 has a wide variety of frozen yogurt choices, I went into this excursion pretty open-minded...
Upon entering Cafe 472 you are struck with over 100 menu options!!!  Not kidding here... from pizzas, to salads, to wraps, to paninis and sandwiches, the menu was full of sooo many choices!  And in my opinion maybe too many.  After taking a while to contemplate what I was in the mood for I ordered the minestrone soup and prosciutto panini.  Including a bottled water (and tax) my bill came to $14.39.
Overall I enjoyed the minestrone soup, it was full with yummy vegetables, but was a bit watery and lacked heartiness that could have been accomplished with the addition of pasta.
Moving on to the prosciutto panini, when I first got the plate I was a bit overwhelmed. The panini was pretty large in size, but I was still hungry and dug in right any way.  On the panini was prosciutto, tomatoes, mozzarella and basil.  After one bite I was not pleased, there was too much prosciutto on the panini and the basil was not very fresh.  I was disappointed, but was full from the minestrone soup, so just took out some of the prosciutto from the panini and ate half of it.
Here is the minestrone soup... I forgot to take a picture of my panini, sorry 

Having heard about Cafe 472's extensive frozen yogurt selection I knew that despite a disappointing meal I had to try their frozen yogurt.  Deciding on vanilla frozen yogurt with m&ms and Oreos mixed in I was certainly pleased.  For only $4.76 (including tax) I was served a huge portion of frozen yogurt and enjoyed every bite that I could take.  Unfortunately I was only able to eat half of the portion size that I was given so in the future I would possibly split the frozen yogurt with someone or get it to-go and keep for another time.
Frozen Yogurt! Yum!

Overall I enjoyed my experience at Cafe 472, the small atmosphere was great, the people were friendly, the prices were reasonable and the frozen yogurt was fantastic.  Although my meal selections were not my favorite, I would like to give Cafe 472 another try and order something different next time I take a trip over to Kenmore... or just order the frozen yogurt again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment