Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Let the Good Times Roll...

This week the day I have been waiting for all semester finally came, April 17th.  The day that I would be attending the Ben Rector and Need to Breathe concert at the House of Blues in Boston with a few of my friends from home.  It felt like this day would never come, but it finally did and it didn't disappoint.
I met up with my three friends from home and off we went to the House of Blues.  It was a 7pm concert and the Red Sox had a game around the same time so the area around Fenway Park was hopping.
One of my favorite things about going to school here at BU is being able to go into the city whenever I want to.  Fenway Park and the House of Blues are both a short walk from my dorm and it couldn't be easier to get around here in Boston.
Back to the concert though, Ben Rector was opening for Need to Breathe so we got to the House of Blues early to ensure a good spot since we had tickets for the floor, and boy did we get a good spot- we were about four rows from the stage, right in front of Ben Rector's keyboard.
His performance was amazing... playing all of my favorites from White Dress to She is and Let the Good Times Roll.  He even performed the cover of Whitney Huston's "I Wanna Dance with Somebody" which was fun and really got the crowd going.  This concert just reaffirmed my love for Ben Rector and his music, and I can't wait until he goes on tour again, he sounded even better live and that is what being a musician is all about...
Need to Breathe came out after that and they weren't too bad... I only knew a few of their songs, but they has some great jam sessions and overall it was just a really fun time to catch up with friends.
In regards to the House of Blues, this was the first show I have ever seen there, but I will defiantly be back.  It is a great venue, there is really no bad spot in the whole place, its small and intimate and was perfect.

So that was April 17th for me... this concert has gotten me so excited for summer and summer concerts, I can't wait!  Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment