Pages

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

London Pop-up Culture

If I leave London with one bit of knowledge to share about this utterly incredible city it that pop-ups are rampant and sweeping across every borough from North to South, East to West.
From restaurant pop-ups to fashion, music and art pop-ups this city literally has it all.
I've also learned, after discovering these pop-ups, that most everyone in the states has a narrow-minded stereotype (sorry folks, but it's true) of the kind and quality of food London has to offer.
Let me tell you though, some of the best food I have ever eaten in my life (not including my mother or grandmothers' cooking of course) has come from restaurants and pop-up food locations in London. No lie folks.
Not only do I love restaurant pop-up locations in particular as I consider myself a foodie, but the fashion and arts pop-ups are just as incredible and creative.
Some of my favorite parts about the pop-up scheme is the fact that these locations are clearly well thought out projects.
When I go out to dine for example (and make the decision to spend my hard earned money) I want to genuinely enjoy every bit of my dining experience. I have come to appreciate the pop-up schemes and locations that feature such well thought out out concepts from the food to the decor to every other last detail.
These pop-up locations must work to make the most out of the few months that they have in their London space.
What I also appreciate about the pop-up scheme here in London is how it exhibits the innovative minds that a city like London can cultivate. I have, no doubt about it, been so extremely lucky to have been able to study and discover such an amazing city like London.
London is truly an epicenter for pop-up schemes and I think this will be one of the things that I will miss most about what this city has brought to my life everyday (yes I am guilty of spending way too much time online finding pop-ups). I am constantly exploring more and more pop-ups across London. Here are just a few places that I have come across and have either visited or will be visiting within the next few weeks before my time here in London comes to a close (for now at least, who knows maybe I'll return to London to do some more pop-up exploration).
The Study- A pop-up laboratory for brands and companies to utilize the space for weeks at a time
Flat Iron- A pop-up food spot made permanent after much found success last summer, oh and they only serve flat iron steak... get it?
When Mac Met Cheese- have yet to go here, but no worries, already scheduled in for next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment