Pages

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Paris

Wow. What more is there to say. It has been a few days now since I have returned from Paris, my first trip outside of London since I have arrived to study here, and now it is time to share the trip with all of you. Looking back on the weekend I can say without a doubt that we crammed almost every last thing into this trip.
Last Friday we left early in the morning from London on the Eurostar and headed off to Paris. First let me just say I LOVED the Eurostar. No fuss of planes, it was great! Since there is so much to talk about I'll just give you the highlights/ my favorite parts of the weekend. But first, not without a shout-out to my cousin Jess who studied in Paris for a semester and provided me with the best insider tips for where to visit while I was in Paris!!
Lets begin with the food! Yum!! I don't think I've eaten so many carbs in a 48 hour period in my life. From the crepes to the croissants to the baguettes, it was all so delicious and fresh!! Once we got to Paris our first priority was getting to the Latin Quarter to eat crepes for lunch! We also went to the famous home of French Macarons, Ladurée and I bought eight macarons for 17 euros.
#sorryimnotsorry Then I went and ate them on the evening river boat cruise. With the Eiffel Tower sparkling behind me. Ah, what a picture!
The sites! A few of my favorites included Notre Dame, Musée d'Orsay, and Sacre Coeur. And of course the Eiffel Tower!
On Saturday late afternoon we walked up to Sacre Coeur, the Basilica of the Sacred Heart of Paris, through these winding, very steep road, but boy was the view worth it! Just an amazing sight and we got up there while the sun was setting! Again just perfect!
Well that is all for now! Hope that gives you a little taste of what my weekend in Paris was like! Will certainly look forward to going back one day!!
P.S. Tomorrow I turn 21!!!! Yeeeee!!

No comments:

Post a Comment