Pages

Monday, February 17, 2014

All Things London

It has been five weeks since I have arrived in London and I am finally starting to get a feel for this city. The past few weeks have been filled with a lot of school work, but we have managed to find time to do some more exploring and adventuring here in London.
To start, we have been able to find some pretty amazing places to eat out in just about every corner of London. Last week for my birthday we went out to dinner at a Mexican tapas restaurant called Wahaca. The food was fantastic, the atmosphere was amazing and the company was just perfect too!
Venturing out to some of London's outdoor markets also gave us a chance to find some yummy food. Last weekend Leah and I went to Portobello Market, and explored the shopping scene there. I was able to pick up a dress for myself and a few gifts along the way, which was great. The market was filled with antique vendors, shops and numerous food stands (we found some pretty delicious falafel wraps).
Then this Sunday I visited what has become my favorite market so far in all of London- Spitalfield Market. I thought the area around the market was just as awesome as the market itself, there were some pretty cool independent stores surrounding the market. The actual market area is located under a glass canopy where art, clothing and food vendors set up their stalls. There is just about everything you can think of at Spitalfield Market and a few items caught my I that I suspect I'll be returning for. And again, you can't go to a market without trying some of the food, so we got breakfast crepes called 'The Londoner' that were filled with cheese, egg and sausage, and then we split a cupcake from the most adorable cupcake stand ever called Lola's.
Hope you all enjoyed these highlights from the past two weekends! Here's to some more exploring!


1 comment: